- Fancy Nancy made her debut in 2005 in a titular children’s book written by Jane O’Connor, which eventually landed on The New York Times bestseller list. Fancy Nancy became so popular that it spent around 100 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.
- True to her name, Fancy Nancy is never caught wearing anything less than intricate. Her favorite wardrobe items including tutus, tiaras, feather boas, fairy wings, ruby slippers and more. You can also find her bedroom decorated with many of these same items, which match her fashion-forward personality. She definitely knows how to turn anything plain into exquisite!
- Fancy Nancy’s full name is Nancy Clancy, and she has an adorable younger 3-year-old sister named JoJo and a pup named Frenchy.
- At only 6-years-old, Nancy is known for having quite the vocabulary. She uses big words and loves to insert French into her conversations wherever possible.
- Disney Junior is set to premiere a new Fancy Nancy series this Friday, July 13. The series stars the voices of Mia Sinclair Jenness as Nancy, Alyson Hannigan as Nancy’s mom, Rob Riggle as Nancy’s dad, and Spencer Moss as Nancy’s baby sister JoJo.
- Nancy’s dad, Doug, is an accountant who loves going to garage sales.
- Fancy Nancy’s heroine-like characteristics will reportedly remain an important staple in the upcoming Disney Junior series (which has already been renewed for a second season). “She’s such a well-defined, perfectly imperfect character with a vision of what she wants from the world,” Krista Tucker, head writer for the Disney Junior adapted series, told Publisher’s Weekly.
P.S. Fancy Nancy exclusive kid-friendly beauty products are coming soon to TownleyGirl, stay tuned!
We recently collaborated with Andressa Hara of Twinkle Twinkle Little Party to create content for our amazingly girly brand, Fancy Nancy. Read her bloRead More
In honor of the Aladdin Live Action premiere, we collaborated with Twinkle Twinkle Little Party on a very cute post! Andressa of Twinkle Twinkle LittlRead More