Since Disney first introduced Snow White 80 years ago, the Princess craze has taken over little girls’ notebooks (and Instagram feeds) everywhere. Who doesn’t dream about tiaras, gorgeous floor-length gowns, or frozen empires at some point in their lives??? So what is the stuff of a young woman’s dreams?
Check out the core lesson of each princess’s personality here to see how girls’ aspirations have evolved through the years and for hints on how to celebrate the princess legacy your way!
A post shared by townleygirl (@townleygirl) on
1) Snow White: The first princess was introduced, along with the seven dwarf buddies and advice on how to “whistle while you work” in the 1937 animated film
Core lesson: Cleanliness is everything and it pays to be nice to everyone, especially a group of henchman sent by your evil stepmother to kill you!
2) Cinderella: The second Disney princess debuted in the 1950 film and also showed strong cleaning game and some strong anti-evil stepmother strategy. She’s also been recently updated as a single mom on ABC’s Once Upon A Time, played by Dania Ramirez
Core lesson: Never give up and be resilient.
3) Mulan: In 1998, the warrior princess dazzled the world with her story of helping China fight off the Huns by donning armor and fighting as a man.
Core lesson: Find Your Inner Warrior!
Inspiration product: Townley Girl: Princess Bundle
1) Princess Aurora. The romantic princess literally lived in her dreams. Sleeping Beauty was released in 1959 and last played by Elle Fanning in Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie as the hot and wicked stepmother.
Core Lesson: Let Your Imagination Rule!
2) Princess Ariel The sassy bff Princess (and my personal fave) was introduced in 1989 as the flaming red-haired mermaid who dreams of adventuring in the human world.
Core Lesson: Don’t be Afraid to Take Big Risks!
3) Princess Rapunzel: In 2010, Tangled was released and Mandy Moore’s voice introduced the princess as a pent-up poetic soul ready to break out of her naïve sheltered existence.
Core Lesson: Choose Your Own Reality!
Inspiration product: 2 pack lip tube with purse
1) Princess Belle: The bookish, brave heroine of Beauty and the Beast who tamed the monster with her thoughtful, strong values was first introduced in 1991
She was last played by: Hermione herself, Emma Watson in 2017
Core Lesson: Don’t judge a book by its cover!
2) Princess Tiana: The Princess and the Frog revealed its first entrepreneur, non prince-hunting princess in 2009.
Core Lesson: Make Your Dream Real
Elena of Avalor: Introduced in a Disney TV series in 2016, she saved her kingdom from an evil sorceress and now channels the wisdom of her elders to rule her kingdom.
Core lesson: Look to the wisdom of your elders for a deeper truth!
Inspiration product: TownleyGirl Disney Princess Belle 18 pack nail polish set